Carl Christian Illum provides general advice on company law and commercial law issues, and he also assists Danish and international companies with drafting of contracts, execution of transactions, dispute resolution and litigation. He has particular expertise in competition law and intellectual property law.
He holds a law degree from the University of Copenhagen (Master of Laws, 2011). In 2010, he studied for a semester at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California. In the period 2016-2017, he completed the MBA programme at HEC Paris, France. Carl Christian is a former lecturer of Fundamental Human Rights and EU Law at the University of Copenhagen.
Carl Christian speaks English, French and the Scandinavian languages.
2020 – Skau Reipurth & Partnere Advokatpartnerselskab
2018 – 2019 Maersk Drilling A/S
2008 – 2019 Lassen Ricard Law Firm
2017 MBA, HEC Paris
2014 Admission to practice law
2011 Master of Laws, University of Copenhagen
- President, HEC Alumni Association, Denmark Chapter
- “Den etiske stedsans” (The ethical sense of direction), Advokaten 1/2014
- ”Duftmærker i EU” (Scent marks in the EU), Nordisk immateriellt rättskydd – NIR 5/2011, vol 81, h. 5 (2012)
- “On Copyright Protection of Smell, Taste and Texture”, E.I.P.R (European Intellectual Property Review) 2012, vol 34, issue 10
- “Om ophavsret til duft, smag og tekstur” (On Copyright Protection of Smell, Taste and Texture), published in the Danish weekly law reports as U2011B.361