Claus Ryberg Hoffmann advises on company law and commercial law in general and assists Danish and international clients in this respect including advice on drafting of contracts, transactions, dispute resolutions and has vast experience concerning compliance and legal risk management issues, with particular focus on anti-corruption, financial crime, export controls and trade sanctions.
Claus Ryberg Hoffmann also has considerable experience advising commercial and charitable funds and foundations in matters concerning e.g. drafting and interpretation of statutes, transactions and extraordinary dispositions, founding, mergers, liquidations etc. Furthermore, Claus Ryberg Hoffmann is a board member and administrator of several Danish funds and foundations.
Moreover, Claus Ryberg Hoffmann provides advice on real property, including in particular issues relating to agriculture and forestry.
Claus Ryberg Hoffmann previously worked at the Danish prosecution service and the Department of the Danish Ministry of Justice. He has taught “criminal law and criminal procedure” at the University of Copenhagen and has significant experience advising clients in this respect, including the handling of criminal charges and indictments against Danish and international companies.
Claus Ryberg Hoffmann speaks English and the Scandinavian languages.
Legal 500 (2016, 2017, 2019)
Claus Ryberg Hoffmann is recommended as regards Commercial, Corporate and M&A.
“Skau Reipurth & Partnere Advokatpartnerselskab’s team is headed by Peter Skau-Andersen, who is experienced in handling all aspects of M&A, including conducting due diligence, drafting contracts and negotiating. Claus Ryberg Hoffmann joined from Plesner.”
“Skau Reipurth & Partnere’s ‘swift and efficient’ team is experienced in assisting domestic and foreign businesses with cross-border transactions, including company and contract law.”
“Recent highlights include […] Claus Ryberg Hoffmann handling Evendo International’s contracts with its private investors.”
2015 – Skau Reipurth & Partnere Advokatpartnerselskab
2008 – 2015 Plesner Law Firm
2006 – 2008 Ministry of Justice
2014 Right to appear before the Danish High Courts
2009 Admission to practice law
2001 Master of Laws, University of Copenhagen
- Danish Association for Corporate Law
- Contribution to “Erhvervsstrafferet” (“Corporate Criminal Law“), p. 359-400, 2015 (co-author)
- Contribution to “Anti-Corruption Regulation – in 43 jurisdictions worldwide”, p. 63-67, 2015 (co-author)
- “PLC – Corporate crime, fraud and investigations guide in Denmark”
- Contribution to Børsens Bestyrelseshåndbøger, section 10.4, on Risk Management and Compliance, Børsen, 2013 (co-author)
- Extraordinary transactions in commercial foundations – section 21(3) of the Danish Act on Commercial Foundations”, Revision & Regnskabsvæsen, No. 12, 2011