Since 1999, Thomas has worked with insolvency law and estates in bankruptcy and he has performed numerous restructurings of ailing companies. He has been appointed trustee of more than 70 estates in bankruptcy. He has handled some of the largest Danish estates in bankruptcy during the financial crisis, including the estates of shipping companies, airlines and real estate companies. The most recent and significant matters that Thomas has handled were the estates of 3 large farms.
Thomas is an appointed member of the Danish Debt Collection Agency’s select group of attorneys whom the Agency may appoint as trustees.
Furthermore, he advises banks and finance companies on restructuring and bankruptcy proceedings, debt collection and company charges.
Since 2013, Thomas has provided advice on lease financing and financial structures related to leasing and in this connection he has drafted documents and made risk assessments.
Thomas advises on management liability, especially in connection with the operation and sale of insolvent businesses and liquidation of companies.
Thomas always adopts a commercial approach to his advice.
Thomas speaks English and the Scandinavian languages.
- 2020 – Skau Reipurth & Partnere
- 2018 – 2020 Gorrissen Federspiel
- 2012 – 2018 Delacour
- 2008 – 2012 Kromann Reumert
- 1999 – 2008 Bech-Bruun
- 2005 Right to appear before the Danish High Courts
- 2002 Admission to practice law
- 1999 Master of Laws, University of Aarhus
- Association of Danish Insolvency Attorneys
- Member of The Danish Debt Collection Agency’s select group of attorneys whom the Agency may appoint as trustees
- Danish Agricultural Lawyers’ Association